The STIHL MM 56 C-E YARD BOSS® has everything users need and more in a multi-tasking tool. With more power and fuel capacity than the previous model, the MM 56 C-E helps homeowners finish various yard tasks quickly and efficiently. It comes standard as a cultivator and is ideal for breaking up weeds and hardened soil in flower beds or gardens. The YARD BOSS® easily transitions to any of its eight optional attachments to become a trimmer, edger, dethatcher, lawn aerator and more, allowing users to use the right tool for the right application with ease. The STIHL Easy2Start™ system also provides a fast and almost effortless start with a gentle pull of the cord, making managing landscapes a breeze. When finished, the MM 56 C-E folds easily for compact storage and transport.
The STIHL RMA 460 lawn mower is the first lawn mower in the AK Series of the STIHL Lightning Battery System®, giving AK battery users a full line of products to complete tasks around their lawns. This lawn mower is compatible with the STIHL AK 20 battery or STIHL AK 30 battery, providing homeowners with performance options based on yard size. With a cutting deck width of 19 inches, the RMA 460 is highly maneuverable for quick and efficient grass cutting with each pass. Its 15.85-gallon grass catcher allows for more mowing and less stopping, while the handlebar is easily adjustable for user comfort.
“This mower is ideal for homeowners with small- to medium-sized residential yards*,” said Brian Manke, product manager at STIHL Inc. “Users don’t have to worry about gas or fuel mixing. Pair that with zero exhaust emissions and the RMA 460 provides a more environmentally friendly lawn care solution compared to traditional gasoline-powered mowers.”
Quick, Efficient, Cost-Saving Battery-Powered Mowing
Users of the RMA 460 enjoy a low cost of ownership over the lifetime of the mower due to minimal maintenance (no engine or filter maintenance) and low operating costs.
The powerful RMA 460 features:
- Multiple performance options based on yard size and can mow:
- Approximately 2,475 square feet on a single charge using the AK 20 battery
- Approximately 3,440 square feet on a single charge using the AK 30 battery
- A commercial-grade, brushless electric motor with ECO Mode which automatically reduces power when mowing through light grass and adjusts to full power in tall grass to conserve battery life and extend run time
- Seven different cutting heights from 1 3/8 – 3 3/4 inches with quick and simple single action cutting height adjustment
- Mulching functionality which returns nutrients and moisture to the soil for a thicker, healthier lawn
- Quiet operation, ideal for noise-sensitive areas
- Instant start — just push the button and squeeze the bail
- Standard mower accessories: a rear bagger, side discharge chute and a mulch plug
- 10-inch rear, 8-inch front ball-bearing wheels which allow for easy pushing over rough terrain
- Folding handlebar for easy storage
- Removable fuse key to prevent accidental or unauthorized use/startup of machine
- Multiple storage options allow mower to be stored in three positions: folded or unfolded on all four wheels or upright and folded in the cleaning position with blades facing the wall to save space
STIHL Lightning Battery System® Technology
- Advanced STIHL Lithium-Ion battery technology offers users an option to reduce their impact on the environment and provides a powerful alternative to gasoline-powered equipment
- Low maintenance and operating cost — eliminates hassle and cost of fuel
- No battery memory limitation, no gradual drop in power — high performance; runs at full speed until battery is depleted
When people hear about STIHL, they think about old-world care and the handcrafted work of last century’s skilled artisans. This dedication to quality is what has made the Stihl chainsaw the most popular on the market over the last 80 years.
Stihl specializes in developing and manufacturing a wide variety of portable power tools, both gasoline and electric. When looking at purchasing a chainsaw, some due diligence should be performed, yet, I found when shopping around and asking pertinent questions, such as what brand should I look at, most of the time the answer was always…”well, you can’t beat a Stihl.”
Along with Stihl’s dedication and commitment to develop the ultimate product performance comes quite a long history of manufacturing and selling chainsaws.
Andreas Stihl developed the first electric chainsaw way back in 1926. At the time, professional loggers found his innovation very useful and were glad to take advantage of it. Andreas Stihl’s significantly improved the lives of many farmers and woodcutters who had to rely on laborious crosscut saws and axes to etch out a living. It was tough going. Timber harvesting was virtually revolutionized by Stihl’s invention.
Today,the use of Stihl chainsaws is no longer limited to the logging industry and has spread to other fields as well. The chainsaw has become such a versatile tool; while it’s use amongst professional woodcutters is wide and varied, it’s use has spread to the home owner, where the once arduous task of chopping firewood has now “become a breeze” through the application of the trusty chainsaw. The chainsaw has become an important part of the farming landscape; I remember growing up on our farm and learning to use a chainsaw at an early age. There were always trees that needed to be trimmed and land cleared. The landscaping industry have adopted the chainsaw as an important part of their make up. Contractors use of the chainsaw involves such things as cutting landscaping and cross ties as well as large timbers.
Stihl chainsaws have been constantly refined over the past 80 years. A reduction in weight and increased operating efficiency is a major reason why the chainsaw is no longer restricted to the professional woodcutting industry. Innovations such as the elastostart, anti-vibration system and improved shock absorption have catapulted the chainsaw to it’s level of versatility. Dual braking systems and the inertia activated chain brake are more reasons why Stihl has remained at the top of the chainsaw tree.
During the last few years, the company has joined the fight to protect the environment. It has come up with new ideas to develop techniques that decrease hydrocarbon emissions. This has been a blessing for people who work in restricted areas.
Andreas Stihl’s successors say that his commitment to quality has remained constant throughout the company’s history. Stihl has maintained it’s position in the power tools industry through that very commitment. And there are a lot of chainsaw users who would appreciate the lesser workloads they now face because of this versatile machine.